Skip to main content

September Newsletter

 SHANNON’S CORNER


I will be joining my team with Refresh & Resound International as we will be in Penang, Malaysia.  Some of the team will be doing worship and the rest of us will be providing care and prayer for the spiritual leaders’ retreat and conference for around 220 global workers who work in translating the Scriptures in SE Asia.  Please be in prayer for my team as well as for everyone at these events.  I will share with you more next month so stay tuned.


I have so enjoyed the slower pace this month and the opportunity to finish all of my nursing continuing education classes as well as some life coaching continuing education.  The slower pace has also given me time to be able to pause and reflect on this past summer and check-in with myself.  There have been some things that surfaced to the top of some transition losses that I needed to acknowledge, process, and grieve them.  God gently reminding me that I am still in the season of re-entry, aka: transition in living once again in the US.  I have used some of the same tools that I have my clients use as they are walking through transition, and it has led me to connecting with the Father more deeply.  His way of preparing me to be His vessel to care for the global workers in Malaysia.


We had a great semester kickoff for TCK Connect with 15 students and four adult leaders.  It was great to hear about their summers and to meet some new students as well.

“Be still in the presence of the LORD, wait patiently for him to act.” 

–Psalm 37:7a

PRAYER REQUESTS

Praise the Lord for beautiful weather! 

Praise the Lord for soccer games!

Praise the Lord for finishing continuing education!

Praise the Lord for great TCK Connect!

Pray for my trip to Penang, Malaysia, Sept 13th-27th as I will be part of the Care Team with Refresh and Resound International as we serve at the International Language Assessors Conference – for bible translators and the leadership retreat prior to the conference.

Pray for community in the new church I am attending and how the Lord wants me to join them in what they are doing.

Pray for semester start up with Interaction International TCK Connect.


                                                Contact Information:


Donate Online! (Follow the prompts) 
www.WorldOutreach.org/783

 

Mail Checks:

  World Outreach Ministries, Inc.

  P.O. Box B

  Marietta, GA  30061

  (Make a check out to WOM & in memo or in a note write Shannon Eaton #783)

 

Bill Pay:  free option via your online banking

  (Use the same information for checks)

 

Shannon Eaton

107 Old York Rd Apt 5

New Cumberland, PA 17070

(724) 967-1437

 

Email:  shannon.eaton76@gmail.com

fb.com/shannonreaton

instagram.com/shangirl94

Are We There Yet? Navigating Re-Entry



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Not A Role

  You are not your job title.  You are not your productivity.  You are not only the caretaker, the leader, the helper, the strong one.   Those may be things you  do —beautifully, even sacrificially—but they are not the  whole story  of who you are.   Your worth is not defined by your output.  Your identity is not limited to your roles.   Coaching begins when we ask: What would it look like to live from that truer self, even just a little more today?

October Newsletter

  SHANNON’S CORNER The Saga Continues… The trip to Malaysia consisted of a two-day spiritual retreat with the theme of ‘Come Away With Me’ and a six-day conference with about 230 missionaries who serve in some aspect of translating the Scriptures. One of the many people who I met was a missionary who served in Cameroon for many years and now is in a new role. As he was sharing, most his words were very negative and depressive. I encouraged him to sign up for a time of prayer and care. At the end of the retreat, this missionary shared with me that he did have a session and I could see that his whole countenance changed, and he was hopeful. His new word he used to describe where he was now is ‘delightful.’ Our time there was creating a safe space for these missionaries to have a place to share what they are struggling with and to connect with Jesus. One missionary is at a crossroads in her life. Another finds himself in the midst of betrayal. A missionary is in a new role as a caregi...

Healthy Goodbyes = Good Hellos

How do you say goodbyes?  When do like to avoid saying goodbyes?   Have you ever thought that goodbyes are part of loss and the need to grieve?      The year I turned nine I was so excited to be finally old enough to get to go to Seneca Hills Bible Conference Camp and all by myself for the whole week.  I would hear how much fun my older brother had during his weeks at Seneca Hills and now it was my turn.  I was so excited that I had my suitcase packed two months in advance.  It was also the year my parents received the news that we would be moving to a new place which I was also looking forward to a new house because of having my own room finally but going to camp outshined even that news.   I had an amazing week at camp and when my parents came and picked me up on Saturday, my nine-year old self did not realize until pulling up to a new house when the truth hit me that I was not going back to my old house. ...