Skip to main content

September Newsletter

 

 SHANNON’S CORNER

September 2020


I want to highlight the two organizations who are partnering with me to accomplish God’s purpose for my life.  

 

I discovered Safe Place Ministry in 2017 in the Global Member Care Network Facebook group that I am a part of for member care.  And as I learned more about their ministry and the services they provide, we (my boss and I) invited them to come to the Dominican Republic in January of 2018 for them to get to know our ministry and our missionaries.  At the end of their stay, we asked Safe Place Ministry to partner with us in providing a third-party member care service and being able to use any resources they have for our missionaries.  



It has been a beautiful partnership and a huge blessing to me as I have learned and grown as a member care provider.  Safe Place did a training on member care that four of my colleagues and myself received in April of 2018.  Learning ethos and foundations of member care along with how to do debriefings, critical incident stress debriefs, transitions, sabbaticals, and handling conflicts.  During the week of training, I got to meet more of the Safe Place Ministry team as well as experience first-hand the beautiful retreat site that Safe Place uses for their debriefs.  Bethann, the founder of Safe Place Ministry has taken me under her wing in mentoring me in member care which has been so beneficial not only to me but to those whom I serve.  Having someone who I can go to ask questions, to process things and to learn from my mistakes and to know how best to go forward has been priceless.


Kids Alive International has reached out to use Safe Place Ministry’s services in various ways


with some of our other missionaries in other countries as well as in our international office with the office staff.  Little did I realize how God was orchestrating all this for my good.  

 

Romans 8:28 states, “So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God’s perfect plan of bringing good into our lives, for we are his lovers who have been called to fulfill his designed purpose.” (TPT)


I heard of World Outreach Ministries (WOM) through my life coach who recommended WOM to me in one of our coaching sessions as one of her friends use WOM as their home office while they are serving overseas.  World Outreach Ministry has been in operation for 41 years serving 400+ missionary families who serve around the world.  WOM is a dependable home office for missionaries just like me.  What will WOM do for me?  They will do a number of services, such as processing donations, tax receipts going out, direct deposits, financial reports, missionary care, trainings, resources, etc.  I am grateful for our partnership in not only helping me but in serving you.  If at any time, you have any questions in regard to your donations you can feel free to contact WOM and they will help you with what you need.  



I am so appreciative and grateful for each one of you and the partnership we have had these last 14+ years.  I ask that you prayerfully consider continuing partnering with me as God expands our territory globally in providing care for those in ministry who are wounded and brokenhearted in body, mind, heart, and soul so that they will have optimal health to do ministry that bears much fruit for the Kingdom of God.  I need to raise $50,000 for two years, will you ask God how He wants you to give?

 

I am finishing my responsibilities with Kids Alive in the Dominican Republic on September 30th.  But during my transition period, Kids Alive International will continue to receive donations for me until December 15th.  If you have a monthly payment with a credit card or direct deposit, Kids Alive will stop all payments starting December 16th unless you call in to 1-800-KIDS-330 to cancel it prior to December 15th.  

 

If you have decided to continue partnering with me in this new ministry, you do not have to wait until January of 2021 to give.  You can start today if you’d like.  World Outreach Ministries has three ways for you to do that. Thank You!



1.  Donate Online:  (follow the prompts)

https://www.worldoutreach.org/783


2.  Mail Check:

World Outreach Ministries, Inc.

P.O. Box B

Marietta, GA  30061

(Make check out to WOM, in memo or post-it note write Shannon Eaton 783)


3.  Bill Pay:  free option via your online banking

(use the same information as checks)


 

 “When he saw the vast crowds of people, Jesus’ heart was deeply moved with compassion, because they seemed weary and helpless, like wandering sheep without a shepherd.” 

Matthew. 9:36


PRAYER REQUESTS

Praise the Lord for answered prayer!

Praise the Lord for family and friends!

Praise the Lord for these last 4 years serving with KAI in the DR!

Pray for my finances – donations for an apartment, furniture, kitchenware, linens, etc.

Pray for a reliable vehicle and car insurance.

Pray for an apartment to rent out in central Pennsylvania.

Pray for community, friendships.

Pray for my re-entry to live once again in the states.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Not A Role

  You are not your job title.  You are not your productivity.  You are not only the caretaker, the leader, the helper, the strong one.   Those may be things you  do —beautifully, even sacrificially—but they are not the  whole story  of who you are.   Your worth is not defined by your output.  Your identity is not limited to your roles.   Coaching begins when we ask: What would it look like to live from that truer self, even just a little more today?

October Newsletter

  SHANNON’S CORNER The Saga Continues… The trip to Malaysia consisted of a two-day spiritual retreat with the theme of ‘Come Away With Me’ and a six-day conference with about 230 missionaries who serve in some aspect of translating the Scriptures. One of the many people who I met was a missionary who served in Cameroon for many years and now is in a new role. As he was sharing, most his words were very negative and depressive. I encouraged him to sign up for a time of prayer and care. At the end of the retreat, this missionary shared with me that he did have a session and I could see that his whole countenance changed, and he was hopeful. His new word he used to describe where he was now is ‘delightful.’ Our time there was creating a safe space for these missionaries to have a place to share what they are struggling with and to connect with Jesus. One missionary is at a crossroads in her life. Another finds himself in the midst of betrayal. A missionary is in a new role as a caregi...

Healthy Goodbyes = Good Hellos

How do you say goodbyes?  When do like to avoid saying goodbyes?   Have you ever thought that goodbyes are part of loss and the need to grieve?      The year I turned nine I was so excited to be finally old enough to get to go to Seneca Hills Bible Conference Camp and all by myself for the whole week.  I would hear how much fun my older brother had during his weeks at Seneca Hills and now it was my turn.  I was so excited that I had my suitcase packed two months in advance.  It was also the year my parents received the news that we would be moving to a new place which I was also looking forward to a new house because of having my own room finally but going to camp outshined even that news.   I had an amazing week at camp and when my parents came and picked me up on Saturday, my nine-year old self did not realize until pulling up to a new house when the truth hit me that I was not going back to my old house. ...