Skip to main content

March Newsletter

SHANNON’S CORNER
March 2016



“Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!” (Phil 4:4).  I am so very happy to report how so many have partnered with me in this new ministry.  I was very excited to be able to share God’s vision with so many people this past month.  Being able to reconnect with supporters, friends, and family and meeting and building new relationships with others.  I had the honor to share with elementary kids at their Release Time, Norrisville United Methodist Church, St. Mark’s Church, Trinity United Methodist Church, Phillipsville United Methodist Women, and Black Lick United Methodist Church’s Wednesday Bible study group.  Spending an evening with my uncle, aunt, and cousins.  Eating lunch out with my aunt and uncle.  Meeting over lunch to get to know Pastor Howard and Trudy.  Eating lunch and playing cards with Barry and Belva.  Eating breakfast and lunch with the “condo girls.”  Spending time with family and friends over my niece’s basketball games.  Participating in my church’s women’s Bible study.  Needless to say it has been a busy month but very rewarding.

My Support Total for 2016 is $46,400.  I have raised 68%.  I still need to raise 32%.

I want to share with you my God-story.  My Kids Alive contact person asked me how far away Pittsburgh is from where I live.  I said not far.  She shared that we have a missionary lady who will be serving in Kenya with Kids Alive and if I would be able to just talk with this gal and share with her about my experience with Kids Alive.  I said sure.  I received an email from my contact person introducing me and the other gal from Pittsburgh but before I had read the email the gal from Pittsburgh had already responded.  This gal from Pittsburgh is someone who I worked with at Seneca Hills Bible Camp.  How awesome is that?  God is good and Easter weekend I have the opportunity to reconnect with this gal.


I took advantage of this past month, as I was not traveling too far away to spend time reading books to continue learning more about missionary care.  One book talked about third culture kids (TCKs) another term for missionary kids.  Another book was dealing with expectations and burnout.  The third book I finished reading deals with trauma and resilience.  I also took time to make two baby quilts, one for James and another for baby Gojmerac who arrives this summer.  I always enjoy piecing a quilt and seeing it come together.


 PRAYER REQUESTS

Praise the Lord for reconnecting and meeting so many people this month.
 Praise the Lord for His provision.
Pray for me, as I will be traveling and sharing God’s vision and ministry this coming month.
Pray for my training on conflict resolution and mediation March 30th –April 2nd
Pray for our kids in the Dominican Republic that they will come to know Jesus and grow in his love.

SHANNON’S SCHEDULE

• March 28th-April 2nd – New Cumberland, PA
• March 29th –April 2nd – Peacemaker Ministries training in Lancaster, PA
• April 3rd – Ohl United Methodist Church in Ohl, PA
• April 4th-12th – Whitewater, KS for a friend’s wedding, hoping to see supporters on the way back
• April 14th-17th – Velvet Ashes online missionary women’s retreat
• April 15th – Wizard of Oz musical
• April 16th – Grace United Methodist Church, Grove City, PA at 6pm
• April 17th – Grace United Methodist Church, Grove City, PA 
• April 18th – 100th Celebration for KAI in Lancaster, PA
• April 19th-26th – Springs, PA
• April 24th – Smicksburg and Dayton United Methodist Churches
• May 1st – Karns City and Chicora United Methodist Churches
• May 7th – cousin’s wedding
• May 8th – Sligo and East Brady United Methodist Churches
• May 9th-14th – Gainesville, VA
• May 13th – Mt. Airy, MD
• May 15th -25th – KAI Missionary Orientation in Valparaiso, IN


CONTACT INFORMATION
Shannon Eaton
Address:  829 Kocher Drive
Grove City, PA  16127
Phone:  724-967-7205
Skpe:  Shannon.renee.eaton
Facebook:  Shannon R. Eaton
Blog:  www.shannonreaton.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Not A Role

  You are not your job title.  You are not your productivity.  You are not only the caretaker, the leader, the helper, the strong one.   Those may be things you  do —beautifully, even sacrificially—but they are not the  whole story  of who you are.   Your worth is not defined by your output.  Your identity is not limited to your roles.   Coaching begins when we ask: What would it look like to live from that truer self, even just a little more today?

October Newsletter

  SHANNON’S CORNER The Saga Continues… The trip to Malaysia consisted of a two-day spiritual retreat with the theme of ‘Come Away With Me’ and a six-day conference with about 230 missionaries who serve in some aspect of translating the Scriptures. One of the many people who I met was a missionary who served in Cameroon for many years and now is in a new role. As he was sharing, most his words were very negative and depressive. I encouraged him to sign up for a time of prayer and care. At the end of the retreat, this missionary shared with me that he did have a session and I could see that his whole countenance changed, and he was hopeful. His new word he used to describe where he was now is ‘delightful.’ Our time there was creating a safe space for these missionaries to have a place to share what they are struggling with and to connect with Jesus. One missionary is at a crossroads in her life. Another finds himself in the midst of betrayal. A missionary is in a new role as a caregi...

Healthy Goodbyes = Good Hellos

How do you say goodbyes?  When do like to avoid saying goodbyes?   Have you ever thought that goodbyes are part of loss and the need to grieve?      The year I turned nine I was so excited to be finally old enough to get to go to Seneca Hills Bible Conference Camp and all by myself for the whole week.  I would hear how much fun my older brother had during his weeks at Seneca Hills and now it was my turn.  I was so excited that I had my suitcase packed two months in advance.  It was also the year my parents received the news that we would be moving to a new place which I was also looking forward to a new house because of having my own room finally but going to camp outshined even that news.   I had an amazing week at camp and when my parents came and picked me up on Saturday, my nine-year old self did not realize until pulling up to a new house when the truth hit me that I was not going back to my old house. ...